2023/2024 HamSCI Festivals of Eclipse Ionospheric Science (FoEIS)
The HamSCI Festivals of Eclipse Ionospheric Science will occur October 14, 2023 and April 8, 2024 during spectacular North American solar eclipses.
The Festivals will consist of multiple events, each with a goal of increasing our understanding of sun-ionosphere-earth relationships.
Participants will include volunteer amateur radio operators, short wave listeners and science researchers from multiple US universities.
Details on how to participate can be found on the HamSCI FoEIS Contest Info Page
HamSCI FoEIS Events in which you can participate
- The Solar Eclipse QSO Party (SEQP)
- The Gladstone Signal Spotting Challenge (GSSC)
- Learn how to participate by visiting the HamSCI FoEIS Contest Info Page
Planned Events - Details To Be Announced at a Future Time
- Doppler Effects on the Reception of WWV and CHU Utilizing the Grape 2 Low-IF Receiver
- The Use of Time Delay of Arrival (TDOA) Measurements to Profile Ionospheric Layer Height Changes During Solar Eclipses
Tracking Traveling Ionospheric Disturbances Using Doppler-shifts of AM Broadcast Stations
- VLF Reception Exercise
- The University of Scranton (W3USR) (Lead Institution)
- Case Western Reserve University (W8EDU)
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (K2MFF)
- The University of Alabama
- Dartmouth College
- Montclair State University
- Rice University (W5YG)
See what others are saying about the Festivals of Eclipse Ionospheric Science: FoEIS Media Hits Page
Please bookmark this page and join the HamSCI eclipse mailing list for future announcements related to the HamSCI FoEIS.